Monday, December 22, 2008 | 3:01 PM
Labels: Blog updates
2008 is coming to a close, and we want to leave you with our favorite posts for 2008. The posts were chosen based on FrankRank, and represent the team's favorites over the last year.
- Introducing Google Ad Planner
There was a ton of interest in the tool, and the post announcing it was the most read post here on Inside AdWords for the whole year.
- Improvements to Ads Quality
This year, we made two big changes to how we calculate Quality Score and rank ads. This post explained the new changes in detail.
- Build your own display ads in minutes
We liked this post as it showed off a new tool that helps you broaden your advertising campaigns easily.
- Keyword tool updated with search volume
A theme for this year's top posts is providing our advertisers with more information to make their advertising decisions. The keyword tool updates definitely fit in with this theme.
- Announcing Google Insights for Search
Like the keyword tool, Insights for Search is another useful tool for your business.
- Tie: New ways to look at Search & Content Network statistics and Separate metrics for Google and search partners now available
Both these posts announced improvements to AdWords reporting that had been heavily requested by advertisers.
- New features in Website Optimizer
The new features addressed some of the top requests for Website Optimizer.
- Use keywords and placements together on the content network
This new feature gave advertisers better control over their advertising on the content network.
- Groundhogs, Seasonality, and Trends
A fun post looking at how you could use Google Trends to plan your campaigns around seasonal traffic patterns.
- Announcing the Search-based Keyword Tool
Another tool we released this year. The Search-based Keyword Tool helps you locate missed opportunities for advertising campaigns.